Just Being Me - Sippy

a simple plain jane who believes Jesus is her only saviour. she has an awesome family but in need of salvation. her current addiction is 2pm but shinhwa will always remain as the love of her life.
Tuesday, February 08, 2005
my so-called long borin entry :p
i tried findin the forwarded mail i want
i really really couldn't find it
feel so helpless rite now, tears goin to burst out
but there's nothin i can do except prayin to GOD
neway, CNY is near
perhaps bloggin about it will help me forget about the mail..
*
ever since i hv memories about my childhood, CNY always reminds me of "fa gao"
for those from the chinese traditional family, who pray to the buddhist god n goddess
this "fa gao" (in chinese) is definitely somethin familiar
perhaps different places they hv different terms for it
"fa gao" is actually a type of cake that can be either white/yellow or red colour, sometimes mix
this cake is an offerin to the buddhist god n goddess
basically in sban, if i'm not mistaken, my mom should be the biggest producer for this cake
there's somethin diff between the "fa gao" my mom produces n other people ones
my mom adds eggs in it
so it's not "fa gao" now, it's more known as "ji dan gao"
but i still prefer to call it "fg"
n that's why my mom's "fg" is more delicious than other people's ones
i'm always cravin for it
whenever my mom makes, i will eat at least 2 ice-cream cups of "fg" :D
*
okays, i hv introduced this "fg" thingy addy
so what does this thing gonna do with CNY?
remember i told u that my mom produced it in large amounts?
so she's always busy before 2 or 3 days of CNY
u can see a lot of "fg" in my shop
at least a few thousands per day if i didn't exaggerate
sometimes it's so packed that there's no space to put in the shop
my parents would move them up to the floor where we live
as small kids, we can't help much
so i remembered me n my bros will be guardin the "fg" up there, killin every ant that's comin near :p
i'm a cruel killer that time ;)
lots of people will be comin to the shop too
pickin up the "fg" they want so that they can offer n pray to the buddhist god
*
i recalled my parents workin basically until 12am durin that time where the msia's economy was still good, where the people were able to spend more
but that was when i'm still in primary sch, when my parents r still physcially young to work this late
the workers would be stayin late, workin OT n my dad would be buyin dinner for them
still remember that my dad would buy fried rice n i always enjoy myself eatin it :p
if there's one thing that i can help, that would be puttin "red dots" on the "fg"
that's what i enjoyed doin
if i'm not mistaken again, this "red dot" thingy started from my grandpa's time
where they took a stick, which was round for both edges, then craved a cross on it
so just imagine it's a circle with a cross in the middle
n the red colourin will always be seen on my hand
n it will take 2 or 3 days to fade
oh yeah, forgot to mention that my mother's side uncle n aunts are also doin this "fg" thingy
for some customers, they prefer the chinese caligraphy (did i spell it correctly?) on it
my mom's good at writin those
she has very neat writin n i'm always amazed by her skills
the common phrases she wrote was "he jia ping an", "bu bu gao sheng", "sheng yi xing long" etc.
for those who aren't chinese based, please ask ur friends what they mean
i'm lazy to translate here :p
so u can see her takin 1 cake then another, writin these cake with the red colourin
perhaps this is the reason why people choose to buy from my mom
*
i wanted to explain the method of producin a "fg"
but my vocab is limited, so it's hard for me to explain n illustrate out
sometimes, a pic worth a thousands words
too bad i dunno how to upload pics from digi cam to com
i tried my best to write n erased the whole thing
but i guess it isn't a lose for u guys who aren't involved in this cake business thiny
so there's really no time for my parents to hv any CNY preparation
n i seldom see my house in red like some others do
puttin red ang pow or CNY cards on the wall
this is somethin that will never ever happen in my house
since my parents r too busy n the 3 of us r too lazy to bother about them
but i always hv CNY spirit instilled in me durin my childhood
*
this year CNY is so diff from the previous years
business has dropped tremendously
my parents aren't that busy
instead, they r able to close the shop at around 5 or 6
which is so so so unusual n i'm so so so unused to it
guess the inflation's high n people dun spend much
but mom n dad aren't worried about this at all
she said that she's happy that she needn't do much this year
but one thing definitely didn't change, the wall's still white instead of a sea of red ;)
*
looks like i wrote a long entry for today
will blog about how my CNY was spent durin my childhood later
hope u guys won't be fallin asleep readin my blog :p
*
~GOOD NITE EVERYONE~
posted by sippy @ 1:56 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

© 2006 Just Being Me - Sippy | Blogger Templates by Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without permission.
Learn how to Make Money Online at GeckoandFly
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health

 
 

Web This Blog
About Me


Name: sippy
Home: Malaysia
About Me:
See my complete profile

Friends
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Affiliates

make money online blogger templates