Just Being Me - Sippy

a simple plain jane who believes Jesus is her only saviour. she has an awesome family but in need of salvation. her current addiction is 2pm but shinhwa will always remain as the love of her life.
Sunday, March 30, 2008
awesome sermon =)
Today is Sabbath Day, is a day for the Christians to go church.
As a Christian, of course I went to church. I make it a point to go church every time I'm in Melaka.
I'm glad I went to church today, course it's Brother Fook Meng speaking, and his words speak truly into my heart.
The topic is about "Prayer".
He listed down a few misconceptions of prayer and I only remembered 2.
i) Don't be repetitive in your prayer.
ii) You don't need to be a prayer warrior to pray.
iii) Praying for others is good, but most importantly pray for yourself, cause it's between you and God.


i) Check your prayer.. is it the same every day, every week, every month?? Did you bother to tell God something different that you do everyday??
If your mom prepare the same food everyday, u'll be bored as well rite??
So don't be repetitive.. you can entertain God by telling Him a joke (this is from me.. :P).


ii) Not many people can pray for 2, 3 hours. You don't need to be strong to pray. Prayer is for the weak in fact. Brother Fook Meng did mention that prayer is a skill; to master it you have to pray often, and have solitary time too. So yeah.. pray often, doesn't need to be 2 or 3 hours long. If you can only pray for 10-15 mins, then do it.. it's better than not. *wink*


iii) We all know Christianity is about the personal relationship one have with God. True friendships are those that you're able to tell your probs to your friends. I have a lot of hi-bye friends, but such friendships, only a few. It takes time to develop and trust a person. God wants that. He wants to hear your problem even though He knows it. He wants you to say it, ask him so that He can help you


But the strongest words that I heard in this sermon were "Tell God you need him". These words really hammered into my heart, and made me cry. I hate myself at time for the sins I have committed. I turned away from God everything I felt defiled by sin, feeling worthless, shameful in front of God. Turning away from God is painful, and I felt lonely. And I was glad I came, cos He was speaking to me, and tell me not to stay away, come back to Him and restore back the relationship I had with him.


The 2 verses that touched my soul:
i) Psalm 36:4 - 6
I sought the Lord, and He heard me,
And delivered me from all my fears.
They looked to HIm and were radiant,
And their faces were not ashamed.
This poor man cried out, and the Lord heard him,
And saved him out of all his troubles.


ii) 1 John: 9
If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all righteousness.


They were powerful versus indeed. For now.. I have to learn to confess the sins that I have done instead of staying away from him, feeling shameful and ugly.


I doubt anyone would read such a lengthy post. But for whoever finish reading this, I respect your patience and hope you are also blessed by the word of God. :)
Have a pleasant evening. ^_^

Labels:

posted by sippy @ 6:56 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

© 2006 Just Being Me - Sippy | Blogger Templates by Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without permission.
Learn how to Make Money Online at GeckoandFly
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health

 
 

Web This Blog
About Me


Name: sippy
Home: Malaysia
About Me:
See my complete profile

Friends
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Affiliates

make money online blogger templates